Justice one case at a time
BECAUSE YOUR CASE MATTERS
CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN BIRMINGHAM
Wettermark Keith: Where you can find a Birmingham car accident lawyer who cares about you and your family.
The aftermath of a car accident is traumatic and confusing. Aside from getting medical assistance right away, what else should you do? Don’t make this journey alone. Contact a professional car accident lawyer at Wettermark Keith in Birmingham, AL.
Dealing with insurance companies to pay for your medical bills and property damage can be stressful, time-consuming, and unsuccessful if done improperly. An injury attorney from Wettermark Keith will know how to work with your insurance company to get the biggest payout possible – but that’s only part of what we do.
If you’re injured in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence or recklessness, you may not know how to get compensated for your medical bills, lost work, and suffering. Our car accident lawyers will fight for every penny that you deserve – and we won’t hesitate to take your case to court.
We’ve recovered over $800 million for our clients since 2003, and we’re ready to take on your car or truck accident case. Sign up for a free consultation at the bottom of this page.
Who Pays the Settlement for a Car Wreck in Birmingham?
If a driver’s error caused your motor vehicle accident in Birmingham, that driver may owe you compensation. Alabama is a fault state, meaning the law doesn’t require drivers to carry no-fault insurance. After a car crash, drivers will seek financial recovery from the insurance provider of the at-fault party. If someone was driving drunk, distracted, drowsy, recklessly, or negligently, that driver’s insurance would most likely cover your damages.
Birmingham car accidents could involve a different defendant, however, if something else caused your wreck. You might be able to name a vehicle manufacturer as your at-fault party, for example, if a defective or dangerous car part caused your collision. Defective parts such as brakes or tires could contribute to a car accident. If it was a pothole, obscured sign, or another roadway defect that caused your crash, the city or county may owe you compensation. Our attorneys can review your case for free to help you identify the correct defendant.
What to Do After a Birmingham Auto Accident
It is common to feel scared, confused or overwhelmed after getting into a car accident. Car crashes are traumatic events. Many people are first-time crash victims, with no prior knowledge or experience as to what to do next. It is critical to protect your rights as much as possible in the aftermath of a car wreck. When in doubt, call our personal injury lawyers first and take the other steps later.
- Call the police. Car accidents that cause deaths, injuries or serious property damage require you to call the police while at the scene in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Collect information. Get the other driver’s information, photos of your crash, the names of eyewitnesses, your police report number and copies of medical records.
- Go to the hospital. Visit a doctor immediately after a harmful car accident for prompt treatment and care.
- Call an insurance company. Contact the auto insurance company of the driver who caused your crash to file an initial report.
- Contact Wettermark Keith. Our lawyers can help you with the claims process at any stage, from collecting evidence to negotiating with an insurance adjuster.
At Wettermark Keith, we represent injured crash victims after many different kinds of auto accidents. Whether your case has to do with a standard automobile, a commercial truck, a delivery driver, a taxi or rideshare vehicle, a motorcycle, a bicycle, or a pedestrian, we can help. Contact us right away to discuss what to do after your crash in Birmingham.
Compensation for Car Accident Claims
At Wettermark Keith, we have seen firsthand how drastically a bad car accident can change a victim’s life. From suffering a disabling injury and being out of work to losing a loved one, a car accident could rob you of many different things. Although we know money won’t make up for everything, we hope it can bring our clients greater peace and stability in a difficult time. The awards we fight to obtain for our clients could pay for many different damages.
All health care expenses connected to your car accident, including hospital stays, surgeries, medical equipment, medications, and nursing care.
The amount of income you’ve already lost from having to miss time at work, plus the amount you will foreseeably lose in the future due to a serious injury.
Compensation to help you repair your damaged vehicle or replace a totaled vehicle.
Pain and Suffering
An award a jury will decide upon based on the personal impact the car accident had on you, including emotional suffering and physical discomfort.
Other types of damages you could recover include out-of-pocket expenses, punitive damages, and compensation for the death of a loved one, if this applies to your case.
Our lawyers can review your case for free and let you know what we think it could be worth. Then, we may be able to negotiate for maximum compensation on your family’s behalf as your car accident lawyers in Birmingham.
Wettermark Keith Car Accident Lawyers
When you have so many options for Birmingham car accident lawyers, why choose us?
- We aren’t afraid to go to court – We have experienced trial lawyers who don’t shy away from a legal battle. We’ll do whatever it takes to get you the compensation you deserve, inside and outside of the courtroom.
- We’re experienced, caring attorneys – The most important part of any case is the client. We’re ready to fight for justice on your behalf and hold the offending party accountable for their negligence – every case, every time.
- We have a track record of success – With over $800 million won for our clients across all our practice areas, it’s safe to say we’re experts at handling a wide variety of cases involving negligence or recklessness. Your case could be our next big win.
- No Recovery? No Fee! Guarantee – If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay us anything. No fees, no commissions, no expense reimbursements. With our attorneys, you have nothing to lose and potentially millions to gain.
If you’ve been the victim of a personal injury or lost a loved one to wrongful death, fill out the form below to get started with a free consultation with our accident claims legal experts.