IT'S MORE TO US, IT'S PERSONAL
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Will Tell Your Story.
Be Confident In Your Representation - Hire An Expert In Personal Injury Law
Sometimes we forget how fragile our lives and bodies truly are. The human condition is one of loss as well as growth, and tragedy can strike at any time - often when we least expect it. It takes only one distracted driver, wet floor, or careless misdiagnosis to transform us from healthy and pain-free to bedridden, or worse. Thankfully, life often provides us a way to pick up the pieces. Accidents can result in pain, property damage, loss of wages, high medical bills, or all of the above - all due to someone else's negligence. To make matters worse, many insurance companies don't offer nearly enough to compensate for these damages, leaving you in a state of crisis. When this happens, it's time to hire a personal injury attorney.
Most people don't think much about lawyers until they need one. As a rule, a personal injury attorney provides legal services to people who have been injured - physically or psychologically - in an accident resulting from another's wrongdoing. With over 50 years of combined experience, our attorneys have seen it all, and aren't afraid to take on any insurance giant or hostile courtroom. Our team's mission is to ease your stress, advocate for your rights, and ensure you have the time and resources you need to recover.
Wettermark Keith, with offices located throughout Alabama, Tennessee and now Florida, has an excellent reputation as one of the most accomplished personal injury firms in the country. Our reach is not only regional, but it also includes a diverse range of practice areas. including personal injury cases, auto wrecks, trucking wrecks, insurance dispute claims (including storm damage claims), nursing home abuse, medical malpractice, on the job injuries (including workers compensation) social security disability, and veterans’ disability claims, to name just a few.
At Wettermark Keith, we believe in taking cases personally. Our purpose is to practice with care and compassion - to tell our clients’ stories and make their voices heard. We do this by building strong relationships based on constant communication and an unwavering dedication to truth and trust. Winning cases isn’t our goal - caring for you is. Winning is just how we show it. As we say, it's more to us - it's personal.
WE CAN HELP TELL YOUR STORY.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Personal injury law is a vast field that governs countless aspects of daily life. Wettermark Keith's personal injury lawyers have the experience and determination to handle with compassion and skill any situation that may come their way, from car accidents to Social Security claim denial.
Below is a comprehensive list of our legal offerings. These services may change based on location and on the specialty certification of lawyers in each office. Also, note that if your specific case type is not listed, we may still be able to help. To learn more, call us now to schedule a free consultation!
- Burn Injuries - these refer to any type of injury caused by heat, chemicals, electricity, or radiation. Burn injuries are often painful and serious, requiring extensive medical treatment.
- Child Injuries - these negligence-induced injuries can range from minor scrapes and bruises to more serious wounds, like broken bones or traumatic brain injuries.
- Dangerous Products - dangerous products with design defects or other associated hazards can pose a significant risk of injury or death to consumers.These types of products can include everything from toys and medical or household appliances to vehicles and industrial machinery.
- Dog Bites - these can be mild or life-altering, depending on the severity of the attack and the attacking animal's size and strength. Dog bite injuries can range from minor puncture wounds to deep lacerations or amputations, and often require ongoing medical treatment.
- Head Injuries - any type of injury that affects the head, brain, or skull. These injuries can range from mild concussions to skull fractures or brain damage.
- Premises Liability - property owners have a legal responsibility to ensure their premises are safe for visitors, and are therefore liable for any injuries that result from their failure to maintain the property in a reasonable state of repair and warn visitors of any hazards that may be hidden or present.
- Slip and Fall - slick floors, broken stairs, or other hazardous property conditions can cause an individual to slip, trip, or fall, resulting in broken bones, traumatic head or brain injuries, and worse.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - injuries affecting the spinal cord - a vital part of the nervous system - can significantly lower quality of life. Spinal cord injuries can range from mild sprains to partial or total paralysis and chronic pain.
- Wrongful Death - this can include deaths caused by auto accidents, nursing home abuse, medical malpractice, or any type of death that results from another's negligence or wrongdoing.
- Dangerous Drugs - these can include both over-the-counter drugs and prescription medications that pose a risk of injury or death to consumers due to defects or other hazards.
- Mass Torts - mass torts are legal actions which involve a large number of plaintiffs injured by the same product, drug, or organization. Mass torts are typically handled as class action lawsuits or multi-district litigation.
- Medical Malpractice - negligence or wrongdoing by healthcare providers can result in injury or death to their patients. Medical malpractice can include errors in diagnosis, treatment, or medication.
- Nursing Home Abuse - this horrific form of elder abuse happens all too often in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities. It can include physical, emotional, sexual, or financial abuse, as well as neglect of basic food, water, and hygiene needs.
- Car Accidents - this refers to any type of motor vehicle accident involving cars, trucks, SUV's, or other passenger vehicles. A variety of factors, including distracted driving, drunk driving, or reckless behavior, can lead to a devastating accident.
- Truck Accidents - these accidents are particularly hazardous to those involved, due to the size and weight of commercial trucks, semis and 18-wheelers.
- Bicycle Accidents - bicycle accidents typically result from a collision with a motor vehicle. Serious injuries are common in bicycle accidents - especially if the rider is not wearing a helmet.
- Aviation Accidents - whether a commercial airliner, private plane, or helicopter, aviation accidents can occur with any aircraft. A variety of factors can lead to an aviation accident, including mechanical failure, pilot error, or adverse weather conditions.
- Boat Accidents - operator error, mechanical failure, or poor conditions can all result in a boat accident, whether that be an accidental capsizing or a collision with another boat.
- Bus Accidents - driver error, bad road or weather conditions, or mechanical failure can lead to a school, city, or tour bus accident.
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents - these accidents involve vehicles used for commercial purposes, such as delivery trucks or company cars.
- Distracted Driving Accidents - accidents caused by negligent drivers distracted by texting, eating, or talking on the phone can result in catastrophic, lasting consequences to their victims.
- Motorcycle Accidents - motorcycle riders are at a serious disadvantage in any road accident, as they are more difficult to see and lack the extensive protection of a car.
- Pedestrian Accidents - pedestrian accidents refer to any type of accident involving a pedestrian, typically as a result of a collision with a motor vehicle.
- Drunk Driving Accidents - drivers impaired by the effects of alcohol often show reduced reaction time and poor decision making skills. This can lead to devastating or fatal results for their victims.
- FELA Railroad Accidents - these accidents involve a railroad employee covered by the Federal Employers' Liability Act (FELA), and can be caused by a variety of factors, including faulty equipment, inadequate training, or unsafe working conditions.
- Rear-Ending Accidents - these refer to any type of accident where one vehicle collides with the back of another as a result of distracted driving, following too closely, or a sudden stop.
- Rideshare/Uber/Lyft Accidents - ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft are convenient, but they aren't always safe. A distracted driver, mechanical failure, or the wrong weather conditions can leave you with severe injuries.
- Construction Accidents - construction sites are ranked among the most dangerous working environments in the United States - unsafe conditions, inadequate training or faulty equipment, can lead to life-changing consequences.
- Workplace Accidents - Employers have a responsibility to maintain a safe work environment and prevent accidents from occurring. If you have suffered an accident at your workplace due to employer negligence, you deserve justice - don't be afraid to speak up.
Occupational Injuries, Insurance & Disability
- Worker's Compensation - worker's compensation is a type of insurance that provides employees injured on the job with resources to cover medical expenses and lost wages while they recover.
- Workplace Injuries - these refer to any type of injury that occurs while an employee is working. Common types of injuries include strains, slip and falls, cuts, contact with machinery, and overexertion.
- Disability Benefits - these financial benefits are provided to individuals who are unable to work due to a disability. The benefits can stem from a variety of sources, including worker's compensation, long-term disability insurance, or social security disability.
- Employment Law - employment law governs the relationship between employers and employees, including regulations on hiring, firing, wages, benefits, and working conditions.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance - this insurance provides financial benefits to those suffering from a long-term disability. These policies are typically purchased by individuals on their own or through their employer, and they provide income replacement for an extended period of time.
- Insurance Company Bad Faith these cases govern situations where an insurance company fails to live up to its obligations. This can include denying claims without a valid reason or delaying payment of claims without justification.
- Social Security - Social Security is a government program that provides a financial safety net to retirees, people with disabilities, and the surviving family members of deceased workers. Americans contribute to our social security throughout our working lives - and certainly should not be denied access when the need arises to claim our benefits.
- SSI Social Security Disability - SSI, or Supplemental Security Income, is a federal program that provides financial assistance to low-income individuals who are disabled, blind, or over the age of 65. SSI is funded through general tax revenues rather than payroll taxes.
- Veterans Disability - veterans who are unable to work due to a service-related disability are entitled to the benefits provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs. These benefits typically include financial payments and medical treatment, among other types of support.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me After An Accident?
In the aftermath of a stressful, disruptive accident, you need time, space, and rest to recover. Unfortunately, dealing with employers, insurance companies, and the financial burdens of lost wages and high medical bills does not easily facilitate healing. On top of that, the last thing you want to worry about is navigating a complex legal system to fight for fair compensation. That's where we come in.
Our lawyers' knowledge and negotiation skills can keep you from making critical mistakes that leave you without a means to properly heal from your injuries. Wettermark Keith represents personal injury clients in a wide variety of cases. Whether your case involves a car, commercial truck, denied social security benefits, a negligent doctor or employer, a defective product, a bicycle or a pedestrian, we have attorneys who can handle it. Your attorney can assist you with the claims process at any stage, from collecting evidence to negotiating with an insurance adjuster, and will fight tirelessly for the justice you deserve. If an insurance company is unwilling to make a fair offer, your injury attorney will not hesitate to go to court on your behalf.
Our personal injury attorneys are here to be your allies, to lift your legal burdens off your shoulders, and to defend your rights while you focus on your recovery. You don't have to face this alone - contact us to discuss the your next steps.
Understanding Your Rights in a Personal Injury Case
If you have been injured due to someone else's negligence, you have the right to seek damages for your injuries and losses. These damages may include medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. To obtain these damages, it is important to have an attorney on your side to fight for your right to compensation. Your attorney will lead you through the legal process, negotiate with insurance companies, and, if necessary, fight for your rights in court. They may also help you recover additional damages, such as lost wages, property damage, pain, and suffering, and emotional distress.
As the laws surrounding personal injury cases can vary from state to state, it is important to have an experienced personal injury attorney on your side to help you understand your rights and options as you move forward. Having access to proper representation and legal knowledge is vital to begin rebuilding your life after a traumatic accident.
What Damages Can I Be Awarded?
In a personal injury case, damages are intended to compensate the victim for the losses and harm they have suffered as a result of their injury. The specific types of monetary damages that may be awarded in a personal injury case vary depending on the circumstances of the case and the laws of the state in which the injury occurred. That said, the most common types of damages awarded in a personal injury case include:
- Medical Expenses
This can include the cost of hospital stays, surgeries, medications, and other injury-related medical treatments.
- Lost Wages
If the victim was unable to work due to the injury, they may be able to recover damages for the income they lost during this time.
- Pain and Suffering
This type of damage is intended to compensate the victim for the physical pain and emotional suffering they experienced due to their injury.
- Property Damage
If the victim's personal property was damaged in the accident, they may be able to recover damages for the cost of repairing or replacing the damaged items.
- Punitive Damages
In some cases, the court may award punitive damages as a way to punish the defendant and deter them from engaging in similar behavior in the future. These damages are typically only awarded in cases where the defendant's actions were particularly egregious or reckless.
Why Choose Wettermark Keith?
With so many personal injury lawyers out there, how do you choose just one? The answer depends on what you're looking for. At Wettermark Keith, our lawyers are like many others in terms of standing for your rights and fighting for your maximum compensation. Like other firms, we provide our clients with the resources they need, and point to our lawyers' long list of achievements as proof of their expertise. In light of this, why choose us?
Because at Wettermark Keith, we treat our clients like family. Instead of numbers and resources - both of which we have - we focus on the strong relationships we build with our clients, based on mutual respect and constant communication. Your lawyer is your advocate and representative because at the end of the day it’s about you - not us. We believe in doing things a little different than others - we believe in respecting our profession, dignity in advertising and respect for our clients.
We've been collectively practicing law for half a century. and and we have handled cases in over 25 states. We know that when tragedy strikes, all you want is someone who will listen - we will never be too big to care. At Wettermark Keith your voice WILL be heard, and your lawyer will never leave you wondering what's going on with your case. If you've suffered an accident, set up a free consultation with our team as soon as possible.
No Recovery, No Fee
We understand the idea of hiring a lawyer may be daunting due to the expenses associated with legal representation. At Wettermark Keith, we operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will never pay your personal injury attorney out of pocket. We want to see you obtain a successful recovery so that you can continue your life in peace. Any legal fees will be collected from your compensation at the conclusion of the case. If your attorney is not able to obtain a verdict or settlement, you will be charged nothing.
Set Up A Free Consultation Today
If you or a loved one is currently suffering from a personal injury, don't hesitate - contact us today for a complimentary consultation! To speak to one of our round-the-clock intake team, dial the number of our closest office location or fill out the free case evaluation form on our website.
Personal injury, or tort law is a legal area that deals with personal injury claims made by individuals harmed as a result of the wrongful actions of another person or entity. This area of law covers a wide range of situations, including car accidents, slip and fall accidents, medical malpractice, and defective products, among others.