IT'S MORE TO US, IT'S PERSONAL
Dothan Rideshare Uber / Lyft Accident Attorney: Get the Legal Help You Deserve
Many people choose ridesharing as an affordable, convenient and safe alternative to driving. Yet just how safe are you when you get into an Uber or Lyft? Uber and Lyft drivers often engage in reckless driving practices such as driving drunk and distracted. Rideshare companies often try to refute fault for collisions. If you are the victim of a Dothan Uber or Lyft accident, contact Wettermark Keith for a free consultation. You might need a lawyer’s assistance during your case.
Why Clients Choose Wettermark Keith
- We aren’t just interested in the well-being of our clients but the community as a whole. We always look for new ways to create a positive impact in Dothan.
- We have spent years helping clients with car accident claims, including many Uber and Lyft cases. We know how Alabama’s crash laws work.
- We’re willing to go the extra mile for all our clients, via trial litigation. If your case can’t resolve during settlement negotiations, we can go to trial to pursue a fair result.
- We take all Uber/Lyft accident cases in Dothan on a contingency fee basis, with no legal fees charged or assessed unless we win.
Should You Retain a Dothan Uber/Lyft Lawyer?
Combating insurance companies can be one of the greatest challenges you face as a car accident victim in Alabama. Insurers may try to use many tactics to get you to settle for as little as possible, including alleging your contributory negligence or disputing fault. Hiring a lawyer can prepare you to meet these tactics with legal strategies of your own, improving your odds of a successful case. While you concentrate on healing, your lawyer can sift through the facts of your crash case and bring a valid claim to damages on your behalf.
Who Is Responsible for Your Crash?
It can be difficult to understand who should pay for your car accident damages after a crash with an Uber or Lyft. Your accident case might not only involve two drivers. It could also involve a rideshare vehicle, the rideshare company, and an on-duty Uber/Lyft driver. The company might owe you compensation depending on the nature of your case. To qualify for benefits under Uber or Lyft’s insurance policy, the rideshare driver must have been in a covered period.
- Period 1. The driver hasn’t picked up a rider yet but has logged onto the app. Uber and Lyft will both offer some insurance coverage during this time, but not the full $1 million.
- Period 2. The driver has received a ride request and is on the way to pick up the rider. Both companies will offer up to $1 million in liability coverage for a driver-caused wreck in this period.
- Period 3. The driver has picked up the rider and is traveling to the destination. The same amount of insurance will cover this period as in period 2.
At Wettermark Keith, one of the many things we can do as your lawyers is to investigate which period of the ride you were in at the time of the wreck. Even if Uber or Lyft already rejected your insurance claim, we may be able to help you file an appeal. Otherwise, we could help you seek compensation through other outlets, such as a first-party insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Contact Our Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyers in Dothan
Uber and Lyft accident cases are more complex than most typical crash claims in Alabama. Before you try to resolve your insurance claim or injury suit alone, contact Wettermark Keith for a free consultation. You have nothing to lose in scheduling a no-obligation case review. You could learn during your meeting, however, that you have much to gain - including fair and full compensation for your losses. Discuss your lawsuit in more detail with our local lawyers today. Call us at (205) 933-9500 to arrange an initial consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
After any rideshare accident, prioritize your safety and the safety of others involved. Call 911 if necessary, seek medical attention, and report the incident to the police. Document the accident scene, exchange information with the drivers involved, and gather witness contacts if possible. Contact a personal injury attorney for guidance as soon as possible.
Yes, you may be eligible to file a claim against Uber or Lyft if you're injured as a passenger during a rideshare trip. Both companies provide insurance coverage for passengers during different periods of the trip, and your attorney can help you determine which coverage applies to your case.
If the rideshare driver's negligence caused the accident, you may have a valid claim against them. In addition, Uber and Lyft provide insurance coverage for their drivers during certain periods of the trip. Your attorney will assess the circumstances and identify the responsible parties for your claim.
While you're not required to hire an attorney, it's highly advisable to do so, especially in complex cases involving rideshare companies. An experienced attorney can help you navigate the legal complexities, negotiate with insurance companies, and pursue a fair settlement on your behalf, increasing your chances of a successful outcome.
In an Uber or Lyft accident case, you may be entitled to various types of compensation, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and more. The specific damages you can seek will depend on the circumstances of your accident and the coverage available.