IT'S MORE TO US, IT'S PERSONAL
Injured? Our Lawyers Will Fight For Your Rights.
Contact a Chattanooga Premises Liability Lawyer Today for the Compensation You Deserve.
Nestled beside the Tennessee river in the shadow of the Appalachians, Chattanooga is a green and dynamic city with fascinating historic attractions, strong businesses, and a skyscraper-studded arts and shopping district. From Lookout Mountain to the popular Tennessee Aquarium, there are plenty of things for tourists and natives alike to see and do in "Scenic City." Unfortunately, when property owners fail to uphold their duty of care, these attractions may grow dangerous. Every year in Chattanooga, countless injuries occur on private properties where the owner neglected to maintain safe conditions. Slips, trips, and falls, elevator or swimming pool accidents, fires, negligent security, falling objects, and other hazards can change lives forever. Those responsible should be held accountable for failing to properly address these conditions, and the victims of their negligence should receive compensation for their injuries.
Unfortunately, the path to justice is not always straightforward. Insurance companies prioritize profit above all else and may attempt to deny your personal injury claim on a technicality - or by shifting the blame for your injury to you. If you're currently facing this situation, contact Wettermark Keith as soon as possible. Our attorneys have decades of experience in personal injury law and can face down any insurance company. We won't rest until you obtain the compensation you deserve, and we will advocate for your needs all the way to the courtroom. Contact us today at (877) 715-9300 for a free consultation.
WE CAN HELP TELL YOUR STORY.
What Is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is a broad category of personal injury law that refers to the legal responsibility property owners have to ensure their premises are safe for visitors and guests. The basis of premises liability law is the idea that owners have a legal "duty of care" to regularly inspect their premises for hazards and take steps to fix any dangerous conditions that are found. This duty of care applies to anyone with a legitimate reason to be on the property, whether a customer, tourist, or social guest. When property owners fail to uphold their duty of care, they can be held liable for any injuries that occur as a result.
Common Types of Premises Liability Cases
There are a variety of situations that cover premises liability - each requires an experienced attorney with a unique legal approach. Below are the most common types of premises liability cases:
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents are by far the most common type of premises liability case. The owner of a property may be responsible if someone slips, trips, or falls due to debris on the ground, faulty stair railings, or wet, uneven floors.
- Insufficient Security: Poor lighting or broken locks can lead to criminal activity such as robbery or assault. Property owners may be held liable if they fail to provide reasonable security measures to protect visitors from these dangers.
- Dog Bites: If a property owner fails to properly secure their dog - knowing that they may pose a risk - they may be held liable if the dog attacks and injures someone.
- Toxic Exposure: If a property owner fails to address or disclose toxic substances on their property, such as mold, lead paint, or asbestos, they may be held responsible if a visitor falls ill.
- Swimming Pool Accidents: Property owners who have swimming pools on their premises have a duty to provide reasonable safety measures to prevent injury, such as installing fencing or pool covers. If someone is injured in a swimming pool accident due to the property owner's negligence, they may be able to seek compensation.
- Elevator and Escalator Accidents: If someone is injured due to a broken, malfunctioning, or poorly maintained elevator or escalator, the property owner may be held liable for an injury.
Whether or not your case is listed here, call us to discuss your rights and legal options. If you have been injured on someone else's property, it's important that you take immediate action by speaking with a trained premises liability attorney.
What Types of Compensation Am I Eligible For?
To obtain legal compensation for your injury, your Chattanooga personal injury attorney must prove that your damages are quantifiable. For a premises liability case, you may be entitled to compensatory damages. These cover both economic and non-economic restitution, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Cost of future medical treatment
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
Furthermore, if the defendant is found to have acted egregiously, or with obvious misconduct, you might recover punitive damages.
Don't Hesitate - Contact a Chattanooga Premises Liability Attorney
A premises liability lawsuit can be challenging to navigate, especially without legal experience. Confusing state laws, demanding requirements, and greedy insurance companies can make obtaining fair financial compensation for your injuries and losses difficult or impossible. Hiring a Chattanooga premises liability lawyer to represent you can provide both significant benefits and a legal safety net. Insurance companies have teams of adjusters and attorneys who know how to best minimize your payouts, but having a premises liability lawyer on your side can level the playing field. Our attorneys have a deep understanding of the laws and regulations governing Chattanooga premises liability personal injury cases and can develop a legal strategy tailored to your specific needs while avoiding any legal pitfalls that might arise.
While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our personal injury lawyers will provide you with guidance and support throughout your premises liability case, making sure that you meet all necessary deadlines. Your attorney will handle the grunt work of collecting evidence, communicating with various parties, and collaborating with doctors and premises liability experts while they increase your chances of success. Our personal injury attorneys have the knowledge, skills, and resources to uphold your claim, ensure your rights are protected, provide you with peace of mind, and ultimately win your case.
Why Choose Wettermark Keith?
With offices located throughout Alabama, Tennessee, and now Florida, Wettermark Keith has an excellent reputation as one of the most accomplished personal injury firms in the country. Our reach is not only regional but includes a diverse range of practice areas, such as: personal injuries, auto wrecks, trucking wrecks, insurance dispute claims (including storm damage claims), nursing home abuse, medical malpractice, on-the-job injuries (including workers compensation) social security disability, and veterans’ disability claims. At Wettermark Keith, we believe in taking cases personally. Our purpose is to practice with care and compassion - to tell our client’s stories and make their voices heard. We do this by building strong relationships based on constant communication and an unwavering dedication to truth and trust. Winning cases isn’t our goal - caring for you is. Winning is just how we show it. As we say, it’s more to us, it’s personal.
No Fee - Guaranteed. Contact Us Today For a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to a premises liability accident, it is crucial that you take immediate action to safeguard your rights. At Wettermark Keith, we understand the stress of mounting medical bills and the challenges that accompany being injured by negligence. We take your case personally, which is why we offer free consultations to people who have suffered injuries due to the negligence of a property owner.
During our complimentary case reviews, our team of experienced Chattanooga premises liability lawyers will examine the specific details of your accident and determine whether you are eligible for compensation. If we accept your case, you will pay us nothing until we win your case. Our compassionate and experienced attorneys will ensure you obtain the maximum compensation possible for your injury, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. To schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys, please do not hesitate to contact us via our Birmingham office number at 877-715-9300 or through the form on our website. We're here to make your voice heard and help you obtain the justice you deserve.
CHATTANOOGA ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Chattanooga's Wettermark Keith personal injury practice is devoted to helping Tennessee car accident victims pick up the pieces of their lives and move forward, given the limitations imposed by their injuries. Our professional home team attorneys are dedicated to holding the negligent, careless, and lawbreaking drivers accountable for the suffering they’ve caused others. Winning sufficient compensation from and discouraging them from repeating their poor behavior in the future is our goal.
If you live in Tennessee and have been injured in any kind of accident or lost a family member, our accident lawyers understand what you are going through and want to help. Contact Wettermark Keith for your free case review to learn what an injury attorney can do for you. Share with us your claim information and then leave the legal work to us while you recover at home from the injuries and damage of your accident. Should you wish to speak to a car accident lawyer directly, feel free to call our Chattanooga home office or the location nearest you.
A WETTERMARK KEITH LAW FIRM ATTORNEY CAN HELP YOU
- Our law firm has managed to recover more than $800 million in compensation on behalf of our past clients. We aren’t afraid of going to trial in Hamilton County, if necessary.
- Our law firm has more than 50 years of combined legal experience we can use to litigate your case. Our car wreck lawyers know how to navigate even the most complex car accident cases.
- Each Wettermark Keith attorney in Chattanooga provides the high-quality, personalized client care you’d expect of a boutique-style firm but our lawyers have access to the exceptional resources of a much larger law firm.
- Our law firm only charges legal fees on cases we win. If we aren’t successful in getting you results, we won’t charge you a cent for our services.
- CONTACT OUR CHATTANOOGA,TN HOME OFFICE TODAY AT 423-840-8499
Frequently Askd Questions
If you were injured on another person's property, and you believe this injury resulted directly from the property owner's failure to uphold their duty of care, you may have a premises liability case. Failure to uphold a duty of care can manifest in a variety of visible and invisible hazards, including an unmarked wet floor, broken stairs, or inadequate lighting. If you suspect you have a case, contact one of our premises liability attorneys as soon as possible.