Justice one case at a time
BECAUSE YOUR CASE MATTERS
Pedestrian ACCIDENT LAWYER IN Chattanooga
Turn to Wettermark Keith for a pedestrian accident lawyer in Chattanooga, Tennesee who cares about you and your case.
Pedestrian accidents are preventable disasters that happen most often when one or more parties are negligent. Negligence is the failure to meet the required duty of care. On the road, for example, drivers owe a duty of care to reasonably prevent auto accidents. This duty involves paying attention to the road, obeying traffic laws and protecting vulnerable road users such as pedestrians. When a driver shirks these duties, pedestrian accidents can happen.
At Wettermark Keith, our Chattanooga pedestrian accident lawyers are here for victims with serious or life-changing injuries. If you have an injury or a loved one died in a pedestrian-vehicle collision anywhere in Tennessee, please contact us for a free legal consultation. Our lawyers can discuss your rights to financial compensation with you at no cost or obligation to hire us. Talk to a compassionate attorney today at (205) 933-9500.
Why Do Clients Trust Wettermark Keith?
- We’ve recovered multiple seven-figure settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients.
- We have a well-known reputation of excellence in the industry, along with many awards and accolades.
- We take both large and small personal injury cases in Tennessee, Alabama, and Florida.
- We have more than 50 years of combined legal experience among our attorneys.
- We take Chattanooga pedestrian accident claims on a contingency fee basis.
Why You Need a Pedestrian Accident Attorney
When you have a serious injury from a pedestrian collision, you need someone on your side. You need a trained and experienced professional walking you through the insurance claims process and protecting your rights each step of the way. A lawyer can lift you up during a dark time. Hiring a pedestrian accident lawyer in Chattanooga can give you the information, assistance, and guidance you need for a strong claim to damages. Your lawyer can take care of complex legal processes on your behalf while you focus on healing.
What Causes Chattanooga Pedestrian Accidents?
At Wettermark Keith, we believe pedestrian accidents wouldn’t happen if everyone on the road and involved in roadway safety fulfilled their duties of care. Collisions occur when drivers, pedestrians, and roadway designers are negligent. One of the first things we do for our injured clients is to analyze their accidents to help them identify the cause. From there, we can identify the defendant and file a claim on your behalf.
- A driver. If a driver struck you while you were walking or jogging in Chattanooga, he or she could be liable for damages. This might be true if the driver was negligent, careless or reckless in some way that caused your collision.
- The City of Chattanooga. The city, county or state government might be to blame if a dangerously designed or poorly maintained street, sidewalk or crosswalk contributed to your pedestrian accident.
- The pedestrian. It is common for a defendant to allege your comparative fault. Tennessee is a comparative negligence state, meaning pedestrians who partially contributed to their accidents may still be eligible for financial compensation.
It’s important to speak to an attorney as soon as you can after a pedestrian accident in Chattanooga. Waiting too long to contact a lawyer could mean the loss of important evidence that may serve your side of the case, such as accurate statements from eyewitnesses. The sooner you involve an attorney, the better it will be for your case.
Contact Wettermark Keith Today
Protecting your rights after a pedestrian accident in Tennessee often requires assistance from a personal injury attorney. A lawyer will know how to protect you against a driver or his or her insurance company, as well as other parties that may try to interfere with your ability to obtain compensation. Your attorney can handle the paperwork and legal side of your claim while you and your family focus on moving forward after a traumatic pedestrian accident. Speak to the attorneys at Wettermark Keith today during a free, confidential consultation in Chattanooga for more information. Call (205) 933-9500 or contact us online to arrange your meeting.