Chattanooga, TN Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’re searching for a Chattanooga, Tennessee personal injury attorney online, odds are you have an injury or something bad happened to someone you love. Perhaps you’ve been in an auto accident, slip and fall, construction site disaster or an incident involving a defective product. No matter what type of accident gave you an injury, we can help. At Wettermark Keith, personal injury law is what we do best. We may be able to help your family move on and move forward with a fair compensatory award for your damages. Learn more about how we can help when meeting for a free consultation.
Why Hire Wettermark Keith?
- We’ve spent more than five combined decades helping clients with personal injury claims and lawsuits. We have years of experience in several key areas of personal injury law.
- We’ve obtained top results on behalf of our clients using aggressive litigation strategies. Our personal injury attorneys have a track record with nearly $1 billion won collectively.
- We represent clients during Chattanooga personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis. This means you won’t have to pay our attorneys until and unless we obtain fair compensation for you.
Why You Need a Chattanooga Personal Injury Lawyer
A personal injury claim can be hard to navigate on your own. Confusing state laws, demanding requirements, and tough insurance companies can make it difficult to obtain fair and full financial compensation for your injuries and losses. Even if you believe you deserve a high amount, the defendant might refuse to treat your claim fairly. Hiring a lawyer can help you with all aspects of your claim from beginning to end. No matter what your case needs to succeed, a lawyer can help you gather evidence and bring a valid claim to damages.
Important Tennessee Personal Injury Laws to Know
Personal injury is an area of civil law that permits accident victims to bring claims pursuing financial recovery from the parties that caused their injuries. Each state has its own personal injury laws. As the injured party, it will be up to you to bring your claim to the attention of the at-fault party’s insurance provider. To have a valid claim to damages, you must follow Tennessee’s related statutes.
- Statute of limitations. This is a deadline you must follow as a claimant. In general, you’ll have just one year from the date of your accident to file a claim in Tennessee. Don’t miss your deadline to file, as this will most likely bar you from financial recovery.
- Burden of proof. The burden of proof is with your side of a personal injury claim in Tennessee. It’s up to you (or your lawyer) to prove the defendant’s fault for your accident. The requirement is to show that your allegations are more likely to be true than not true.
- Comparative negligence. In Tennessee, the comparative negligence system protects your right to obtain compensation even if you contributed to your injury. Your degree of fault, however, will reduce your compensatory award. It’s important to hire a lawyer to minimize your fault.
These are just three general laws you should know when bringing a personal injury claim in Chattanooga or elsewhere in Tennessee. Your specific case could involve many other laws depending on its practice area and details. The lawyers at Wettermark Keith can help you understand and navigate all the laws related to your individual case.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in Chattanooga Today
It’s critical to hire an attorney you feel good about working with during your Chattanooga, TN personal injury claim. The right lawyer can make a positive impact on your case and your legal experience as a whole. At Wettermark Keith, clients have trusted us with their personal injury lawsuits for many years. We’re proud of the results we’ve obtained on behalf of our clients, as well as our impact on the larger community. Find out whether we can help you after an accident of any kind in Chattanooga. Schedule a free consultation online or at (205) 933-9500 today.