Justice one case at a time
IT'S MORE TO US, IT'S PERSONAL
medical malpractice lawyer in huntsville
Need a medical malpractice lawyer in Huntsville, Alabama? Let the caring lawyers at Wettermark Keith help. Get a free consultation today!
Medical malpractice presents serious risks to patients throughout Alabama. A patient may visit a hospital or physician’s office in Huntsville expecting proper care and attention, only to become a victim of professional malpractice and leave with worse injuries than when he or she arrived.
At Wettermark Keith, our medical malpractice lawyers understand how to navigate these claims on behalf of injured clients. If you have serious injuries or a loved one died because of suspected medical malpractice, please contact us today for a free consultation.
Why Hire Us?
- We are willing to go to trial in Madison County, Alabama, if necessary.
- We know how to properly handle medical malpractice claims on behalf of clients.
- We have more than 50 years of combined experience among our lawyers.
- We have won numerous awards and accolades for our legal services.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis for all medical malpractice cases in Huntsville.
What Is Medical Malpractice? Do You Have a Case?
Medical malpractice is the legal term for a breach of duty by a party in the health care industry, resulting in injuries or deaths to patients. Examples include diagnosis mistakes, medication errors, surgical problems, birth injuries, and defective medical devices. In Alabama, medical malpractice gives an injured patient the right to file a civil claim against the at-fault party. You might have grounds for a medical malpractice claim in Huntsville if certain facts are true.
- The physician or care center in question owed you a professional duty of care. You and the defendant must have had a doctor-patient relationship at the time of the incident.
- The defendant breached his or her professional duties of care. The defendant must be guilty of a provable breach of duty, or a violation of the standards of patient care in the medical industry.
- The defendant’s mistake or negligence caused your injuries. Your lawyer will need to prove a causal relationship between the defendant’s mistake and the injuries you’re claiming.
- You suffered compensable damages. Finally, you’ll need evidence of damages connected to the act of medical malpractice, such as physical injuries, medical expenses, physical pain, emotional suffering or wrongful death.
The simplest way to determine whether or not you have a case is with a free consultation at Wettermark Keith in Huntsville. Our local medical malpractice lawyers can meet with you for free at a place that’s convenient for you. Then, we’ll listen to your story and let you know if we think you have a claim. If so, our lawyers may be able to help you fight for maximum financial recovery.
What Are Your Losses Worth?
An average medical malpractice settlement doesn’t exist in Alabama. Each case is unique. You might have compensable damages that another client did not have. Alabama lawmakers don’t have a cap on medical malpractice settlements and jury verdicts other than its $1.5 million punitive damage cap. Punitive damages might arise in a claim that involves the defendant’s gross negligence or intent to harm a patient. At Wettermark Keith, we strive to maximize our clients’ recoveries through proven legal tactics. Our past case results showcase our abilities. We can review and evaluate your case today during a free consultation.
Contact a Huntsville Medical Malpractice Lawyer Right Away
Medical malpractice claims are difficult to win in Alabama. State law has many specific rules in place regarding how to bring and navigate a claim, as well as who may recover financial compensation. This includes filing requirements and a two-year statute of limitations. When you hire a lawyer from Wettermark Keith, you can relax and focus on recovering while an experienced professional handles legal matters for you. Discuss whether you have a case during a free consultation today. Call us at (205) 933-9500 or contact us online to learn more.