Dothan Car Accident Lawyer
Despite advances in safety features of modern automobiles, victims in car crashes are still at risk of severe personal injury or wrongful death. While these advances have granted consumers air-bags, crumple-zones, and anti-lock brakes to protect passengers and drivers, what they cannot prevent are the negligent behaviors of other drivers.
Every day, hundreds of car accidents take place in Alabama. Sadly, these wrecks often result in life-changing injuries and fatalities. At Wettermark Keith, our Dothan car accident lawyers are here for crash victims. If you’ve been in a motor vehicle accident or wish to discuss a potential wrongful death claim for your loved one, please contact us to schedule a free consultation.
Why Hire Us?
- We have maintained an excellent reputation in the industry, with multiple accolades, awards and years of noteworthy case results.
- We have experience with all types of car accident claims and understand how to navigate each case according to its unique elements.
- We pride ourselves on being trusted legal advocates during the claims process. Feel free to ask us anything in confidence and receive honest answers.
- We take Dothan car accident claims on a contingency fee basis. You won’t have to pay for our services unless we obtain a settlement or verdict for you.
Just how common are car accidents in the state of Alabama and what are the potential injuries? Some of the statistics may surprise you. According to the Alabama Department of Transportation, in 2017 there were a total of 156,993 traffic-related accidents. Within these accidents, 47,771 people suffered personal injuries while 948 lost their lives. From this data we can see that:
- One traffic accident happened every 3 minutes and 20 seconds
- Someone received a crash-related injury every 11 minutes
- One person died in a car accident every 9 hours and 14 minutes
The severity of injuries in auto accidents vary. However, in recent times the experienced auto accident lawyers at our law firm have successfully represented automobile accident victims who suffered:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Broken or Fractured Limbs
- Burn Injuries
- Wrongful Death
Sadly, a great number of car accidents do in fact end fatally. So, if you have lost a loved one it is vital for you to contact an attorney as soon as possible if a fatality occurred in a car accident. Besides, in many cases, a successful claim of wrongful death against the responsible party is the only way to recover financially from this type of accident.
Negligent Drivers Cause Accidents
While many aspects of irresponsible or unsafe driving contribute to the total number of car accidents residents of Alabama see each year, a number do cause significantly more than others. Data collected by the Department of Public Safety shows that the top contributors to all accidents in the state are:
- Driver not in control of the vehicle
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Unseen object or person (driver inattention)
- Following too close
Other common driver errors that cause car accidents in Dothan include drunk driving, drowsy driving, distracted driving, speeding, aggressive driving, unsafe lane changes, and driver inexperience. In addition to driver-related causes, defective auto parts also cause wrecks in Alabama. A defective tire, for example, could explode while driving and cause a rollover accident. A defective roadway could also lead to a crash, such as a rural road with a pothole.
Not strictly limited to accidents caused by these factors, our law firm handles a wide variety of personal injury type cases stemming from car accidents of any nature.
Types of Car Accident Cases We Accept in Dothan, AL
Your lawyer’s experience in auto accident law can make a difference to your case. You should hire a lawyer who has represented clients after accidents in the same category as yours. If a city bus crashed into you, for example, your lawyer should have experience going up against government entities in pursuit of compensation. At Wettermark Keith, we have the power to handle any type of auto accident claim.
- Car accident
- Uber/Lyft accident
- Truck accident
- Railroad accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Bicycle and pedestrian accident
- Dangerous car part
- Construction zone accident
- Work transportation accident
- Catastrophic injury accident
- Fatal accident
Our attorneys can help after crashes involving driving under the influence, rollovers, head-on collisions, rear-end accidents, common carriers and more. Find out if we can take your specific car accident case in Dothan during a free initial consultation.
Frequently Asked Car Accident Questions
We want to make the legal experience as stress-free as possible for you – starting with the free consultation. Our goal is to answer your questions during this difficult time to provide some peace of mind to you and your family members. If you don’t see your question here, please give us a call for more information.
- What is Alabama’s statute of limitations? You have two years maximum to file a car accident lawsuit in Alabama. Act quickly so you don’t miss your deadline.
- What if you are partially responsible? Alabama’s contributory negligence law will prevent recovery if you are even 1% at fault. Our lawyers may be able to combat a contributory negligence defense on your behalf.
- What is your claim worth? The answer to this will depend on the facts of your case, including the severity of your injuries. Contact us to find out more.
We want you to tell your story, get the answers you deserve and receive legal advice from lawyers you can trust. The attorneys at Wettermark Keith aim to make a real difference in the lives of their clients – not just financially but personally as well. Find out how we can help you after a serious crash.
Serving Justice – One Case at a Time
Here at Wettermark Keith, no case is too big and no case is too small for our expert injury lawyers to pursue. Our top attorneys represent each and every client with the utmost respect, compassion, and employ the thorough legal expertise needed to make their case a success. We realize that this is likely a difficult situation for you and possibly your family and are here for you.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person in a car accident, contact our top injury lawyers today. Together we can seek a financial compensation figure that meets your needs as a victim and can continue to provide for you, long after this ordeal is over.
No Recovery, No Fee Guarantee
When selecting clients to represent in court, our firm operates on a contingency fee basis. What this means to our clients is simple: if we don’t win your case, you won’t pay anything. We choose to operate this way for the sole benefit of our clients, we want to see you obtain a successful recovery so that you can continue to carry on with your life.
Contact us today if you have been the victim of a personal injury or lost a loved one to a wrongful death. Fill out the free case evaluation form on our website and we will get back to you promptly.