Birmingham Car Accident Lawyer
The aftermath of a car accident is traumatic and confusing. Aside from getting medical assistance right away, what else should you do?
Don’t make this journey alone. Contact a professional car accident attorney at Wettermark Keith.
Dealing with insurance companies to pay for your medical bills and property damage can be stressful, time-consuming, and unsuccessful if done improperly.
Our lawyers know how to work with your insurance company to get the biggest payout possible – but that’s only part of what we do.
If you’re injured in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence or recklessness, you may not know how to get compensated for your medical bills, lost work, and suffering. Our car accident lawyers will fight for every penny that you deserve – and we won’t hesitate to take your case to court.
We’ve recovered over $800 million for our clients since 2003, and we’re ready to add your name to that list. Contact us for a free consultation.
Why Choose Wettermark Keith?
- We aren’t afraid to go to court – We are experienced trial lawyers who don’t shy away from a legal battle. We’ll do whatever it takes to get you the compensation you deserve, inside and outside of the courtroom.
- We’re experienced, caring attorneys – The most important part of any case is the client. We’re ready to fight for justice on your behalf and hold the offending party accountable for their negligence – every case, every time.
- We have a track record of success – With over $800 million won for our clients, it’s safe to say we’re experts at handling a wide variety of cases involving negligence or recklessness. Your case could be our next big win.
- No Recovery? No Fee! Guarantee – If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay us anything. No fees, no commissions, no expense reimbursements. With our attorneys, you have nothing to lose and potentially millions to gain.
Negligent Drivers Cause Accidents
While many aspects of irresponsible or unsafe driving contribute to the total number of car accidents residents of Alabama see each year, a number do cause significantly more than others. Data collected by the Department of Public Safety shows that the top contributors to all accidents in the state are:
- Driver not in control of vehicle
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Unseen object or person (driver inattention)
- Following too close
Not strictly limited to accidents caused by these factors, our law firm handles a wide variety of personal injury type cases stemming from car accidents of any nature.
Who Is Responsible for Paying Your Bills?
If a driver’s error caused your motor vehicle accident in Birmingham, that driver may owe you compensation. Alabama is a fault state, meaning the law doesn’t require drivers to carry no-fault insurance. After a car crash, drivers will seek financial recovery from the insurance provider of the at-fault party. If someone was driving drunk, distracted, drowsy, recklessly or negligently, that driver’s insurance would most likely cover your damages.
Your car accident case could involve a different defendant, however, if something else caused your wreck. You might be able to name a vehicle manufacturer as your at-fault party, for example, if a defective or dangerous car part caused your collision. Defective parts such as brakes or tires could contribute to a car accident. If it was a pothole, obscured sign or another roadway defect that caused your crash, the city or county may owe you compensation. Our attorneys can review your case for free to help you identify the correct defendant.
Serving Justice – One Case at a Time
Here at Wettermark Keith, no case is too big and no case is too small for our expert injury lawyers to pursue. Our top attorneys represent each client with the utmost respect, compassion, and employ the thorough legal expertise needed to make their case a success. We realize that this is likely a difficult situation for you and possibly your family and are here for you.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person in a car accident, contact our top injury lawyers today. Together we can seek a financial compensation figure that meets your needs as a victim and can continue to provide for you, long after this ordeal is over.
What Is Your Crash Case Worth?
At Wettermark Keith, we have seen firsthand how drastically a bad car accident can change a victim’s life. From suffering a disabling injury and being out of work to losing a loved one, a car accident could rob you of many different things. Although we know money won’t make up for everything, we hope it can bring our clients greater peace and stability in a difficult time. The awards we fight to obtain for our clients could pay for many different damages.
- Medical bills. All health care expenses connected to your car accident, including hospital stays, surgeries, medical equipment, medications, and nursing care.
- Lost wages. The amount of income you’ve already lost from having to miss time at work, plus the amount you will foreseeably lose in the future due to a serious injury.
- Property damages. Compensation to help you repair your damaged vehicle or replace a totaled vehicle.
- Pain and suffering. An award a jury will decide upon based on the personal impact the car accident had on you, including emotional suffering and physical discomfort.
Other types of damages you could recover include out-of-pocket expenses, punitive damages, and compensation for the death of a loved one if this applies to your case. Our lawyers can review your case for free and let you know what we think it could be worth. Then, we may be able to negotiate for maximum compensation on your family’s behalf as your car accident lawyers in Birmingham.
What to Do After a Birmingham Auto Accident
It is common to feel scared, confused or overwhelmed after getting into a car accident. Car crashes are traumatic events. Many people are first-time crash victims, with no prior knowledge or experience as to what to do next. It is critical to protect your rights as much as possible in the aftermath of a car accident. When in doubt, call our personal injury lawyers first and take the other steps later.
- Call the police. Car accidents that cause deaths, injuries or serious property damage require you to call the police while at the scene in Alabama.
- Collect information. Get the other driver’s information, photos of your crash, the names of eyewitnesses, your police report number and copies of medical records.
- Go to the hospital. Visit a doctor immediately after a harmful car accident for prompt treatment and care.
- Call an insurance company. Contact the auto insurance company of the driver who caused your crash to file an initial report.
- Contact Wettermark Keith. Our lawyers can help you with the claims process at any stage, from collecting evidence to negotiating with an insurance adjuster.
At Wettermark Keith, we represent injured crash victims after many different kinds of auto accidents. Whether your case has to do with a standard automobile, a commercial truck, a delivery driver, a taxi or rideshare vehicle, a motorcycle, a bicycle, or a pedestrian, we can help. Contact us right away to discuss what to do after your crash in Birmingham.
No Recovery, No Fee Guarantee
When selecting clients to represent in court, our firm operates on a contingency fee basis. What this means to our clients is simple: if we don’t win your case, you won’t pay anything. We choose to operate this way for the sole benefit of our clients, we want to see you obtain a successful recovery so that you can continue to carry on with your life.
Contact us today if you have been the victim of a personal injury or lost a loved one to a wrongful death. Fill out the free case evaluation form on our website and we will get back to you promptly.
If you wish to speak to us directly, feel free to call our Birmingham office or the location nearest you.